Thursday 28 February 2013

The Snow Queen - Rehearsals

The role of Deputy Stage Manager (DSM) entails a great deal of paper work: knowing the script inside and out, writing up all lists, running rehearsals and writing / distributing rehearsal notes after each session, making and updating the 'Prompt Copy' to run the show, and a very long etc.

The following are some examples of rehearsal notes I produced for the Snow Queen.




I wrote these notes based on knowledge I had gleaned from examples of Rehearsal notes from REP shows that Ruth had given me and also pointers that Ellie gave me during the Snow Queen production process.
I have just recently discovered that some of the information I had put into these was not necessary and/or too detailed and now I am beginning to understand exactly what should be inserted into proper rehearsal notes.
Hopefully over the coming months and future productions I will get the hang of it all and improve.
As I have mentioned in previous posts, paper work has never really been my thing, but I believe that now I know how important these documents are for communication amongst the production crew and how much they can effect the smooth running of a show I should be able to make that improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment